Department of Art and Design211 Claypool-YoungMorehead, KY 40351Phone: 606-783-2193Fax: 606-783-5048 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Art and Design offers you three individual paths towards earning
your Master of Arts in Art degree. This 30 hour degree enables you to
choose from three Concentrations: Art Education, Graphic Design, and
Link to:- Art Education Concentration, Master of Arts in Art (MA) (Required for Rank II) - Graphic Design Concentration,Master of Arts in Art (MA)- Studio Art Concentration, Master of Arts in Art (MA)
- Department of Art and Design
Morehead State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1. General admission to graduate study.
2. Completion of an undergraduate major in art or an equivalent experience with the requirement of supplemental courses.
3. Undergraduate GPA in Art of 3.0.
4. Minimum composite GRE score of 277on the verbal and quantitative sections.
5. Submission and approval of art portfolio
supporting plans and objectives for the graduate program: see PORTFOLIO
Requirements for the Degree1. General admission to Graduate Study.
2. Six graduate hours of art history.
3. Thirty total hours required.
4. Passing of Mid-Program Review.
5. Passing of final oral examination.
6. Must be unconditionally admitted.
Portfolio Application Requirements: A complete application consists of: • Cover Letter • Professional quality Resume • Statement of Intent (1- 2 pages in length), which thoughtfully and thoroughly addresses the following content:
- Your current body of work, including information about
your subject matter, media, technique/process, theme/concept, and
influences - Your goals for graduate study and how it will benefit your current work or direction - Your preparedness for graduate level study - Your reasons for choosing MSU’s Art and Design graduate program and your expectations for graduate study - Your long term career goalsDigital portfolio which adheres to the following guidelines:
- Studio Art: a consistent body of work supporting a clear direction in subject, media, technique, and theme - Design:
diverse samples of print and/or web design, which demonstrate your
layout, problem solving, communication, and technology skills - Art Education: either
a diverse body of work demonstrating your broad skills as an artist and
teacher, or a consistent body of work focused on one direction
HI: 72° LO: 56°
© Copyright 2014 Morehead State University -
150 University Blvd. Morehead, KY 40351 • 1.800.585.6781
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, educational institution.