The MBA degree
program mission is to provide quality online educational opportunities in
business for degree and course completion, designed for individuals seeking to
improve their management success and focused on working managers. Those with
undergraduate degrees in business may complete the program with a minimum of 30
semester hours. Others, without the undergraduate business core courses, may be
admitted to the program by completing the appropriate number of prerequisite
courses as determined by the MBA program director.
Our MBA program
can be completed online via the Internet. Internet classes may be accessed from
anywhere using our Blackboard course management system; all you need is a
computer, an Internet connection, a software package such as Microsoft Office
and an e-mail address. The degree requirements for our MBA specify that all
students must complete 24 core (required) hours and 6 hours of free electives.
Elective classes are offered in the areas of : Accounting, Finance, Computer
Information Systems, Human Resource Management, General Management and
Marketing. These are not degree options, so you may mix and match electives to
fit your particular needs if you prefer. The only concentration available to
students is in Health Systems Management.
Students are not required to
visit the MSU campus during their course of study, but some classes may require
proctored examinations and it is up to the student to find a suitable proctor
if he/she chooses not to use one of MSU's extended campus sites.
Our program is fully accredited by AACSB International, The Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation
represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools,
worldwide. Morehead State University is also accredited by the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools. Morehead State University has also been
recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top 25 Public
Universities in the South.
MBA Brochure (pdf)
30-Hour Online MBA Card
All of Morehead State University's business programs are accredited by AACSB International The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB is the premier accrediting body for business schools worldwide.
Applicants who have an undergraduate degree in any business
discipline from an accredited undergraduate institution may complete the MBA
degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours. Others who have earned an
undergraduate degree in other majors/minors can finish the MBA with 30 graduate
hours in addition to the necessary foundation (prerequisite) courses.
Requirements of the 30 hour online MBA program include completion of the
following courses with a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0 on ALL graduate
course work attempted.
ACCT 611 Accounting
Analysis for Managerial Decision Making
BIS 630 Managerial Communication
CIS 615 Managing Information Technology
ECON 661 Managerial
FIN 660 Financial Management
MKT 650 Marketing
MNGT 677 Leadership and Ethics
MNGT 691 Business
Policy and Strategy
APPROVED ELECTIVES 6 HOURS
Note: All courses are
3 semesters hours credit
Applicants that do not possess an
undergraduate degree in business may be required to complete the foundation
course sequence in addition to the 30 hours necessary to satisfy the degree
requirements. What foundation courses that may be needed, if any, can only be
determined by a review of the applicants undergraduate and graduate
transcripts. The foundation course sequence, or comparable courses or
experience, must be completed prior to full admission with at least a 3.0
average and no grade of less than C in any course. The foundation course
sequence is as follows:
Business Foundation Courses
Principles of Financial Accounting
Principles of Managerial
Principles of Macroeconomics
Note: Not all foundation courses are offered online. Students have the option
of completing self-paced modules instead of courses to satisfy the foundation
Note: None of the foundation courses satisfy
the requirements of the 30 hour MBA program. They are prerequisite courses
Are you ready to take the next step toward earning your degree? The following steps will help you through the application process for admission consideration.
1. Complete the
Graduate Admissions Application (CLICK HERE
) and a one-time non-refundable $30 application fee.
2. Submit an official undergraduate transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
3. Submit an official GMAT score report. A minimum score of 400 is required for all applicants who have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate G.P.A. Applicants who have less than a 3.0 undergraduate G.P.A. but higher than the minimum 2.5 G.P.A. can use the following admission index formula to determine the GMAT score needed for admission. The admission index is computed as follows: (undergraduate G.P.A. * 200) + GMAT score = INDEX. The index must equal a minimum of 1000. A minimum GMAT score of 400 is required (applicants must submit test scores to be considered for admission). Students not meeting the minimum 2.5 undergraduate G.P.A. requirement may be admitted to the MBA program if their G.P.A. in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study was at least a 2.75 and have a minimum composite index of 1,050.
4. If a student has earned a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution the GMAT is not required. The GRE may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT. The decision on whether to accept the GRE will be made on a case-by-case basis by the MBA Director.
5. Students may be conditionally admitted (permitted to take up to 12 graduate hours) into the MBA program. Conditionally admitted students may only take foundation courses and must have met all other admission requirements. Once a student has completed the foundation course requirements, they will be unconditionally (fully) admitted.
6. The Foundation Course Sequence, or comparable course work, must be completed prior to full admission with at least a 3.0 grade point average and no grade of less than C in any course. Students may use College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) examinations to satisfy the foundation course requirements.
Are you currently attending another university and need to take a few additional courses? The following steps will help you become a Visiting Student at MSU.
1. Complete the
Graduate Admissions Application (CLICK HERE)
and a one-time non-refundable $30 application fee.
2. Select "Visiting Student" as the Academic Program on the application
3. You need to submit a letter of good standing or an official transcript from your current university verifying you are a student is in good standing and have permission to enroll for graduate coursework.
Please submit all official application materials to:
100 Admissions Center
Morehead State University
Morehead KY, 40351
Toll Free: 1-800-585-6781
International Student Admission Requirements
In keeping with new federal regulations governing F-1 visa holders, International students pursuing a master's degree are required to be enrolled in at least 6 hours of face to face courses. The MBA program is entirely online. Due to the concurrent lack of face to face courses being offered International students requiring an I-20 are not currently being admitted to the MBA program. International students who wish to complete the MBA program from their home country may be considered for admission.
Application deadlines for admission into the MBA program are as follows:
Spring semester. All application materials must be postmarked no later than December 1.
Fall semester. All application materials must be postmarked no later than August 1.
Summer semesters. All application materials must be postmarked no later than April 15.