Welcome to the Office of Undergraduate Research
The primary mission of this office is to promote the academic and intellectual culture of the campus through the support of student and faculty research, where research is broadly defined to include the scholarly and creative activities of all disciplines. Student research is promoted through several programs including:
- Our Undergraduate Research Fellowship program, in which students are encouraged and financially-supported to work as junior colleagues with faculty mentors engaged in all types of disciplinary scholarship;
- Our Annual Celebration of Student Scholarship which showcases the research, scholarly, and other creative activities of all faculty-mentored student projects;
- Our enhanced institutional memberships in the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) and the Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) which provide free individual memberships to all interested faculty, staff, and students;
- Our matching Travel Fund which provides support for students presenting their scholarly works at professional meetings; and
- Our provision of a free large format poster printing service for all students presenting their scholarly work at both on- and off-campus professional meetings.
Our office and the MSU faculty are committed to providing students with high quality research and creative opportunities. We welcome your input and suggestions.
Michael C. Henson, Ph.D.
Professor, Associate Vice President for Research
& Dean of the Graduate School
2014 Celebration of Student Scholarship