The graduate program in counseling prepares people as school counselors and mental health counselors at the Educational Specialist level. Graduates in the Educational Specialist programs develop advanced skills in clinical work and research. Successful completion of the requirements leads to a Provisional Counseling Certificate grades P-12.
Educational Specialist in Counseling
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1) Bachelor's or Master's degree in approved area
2) GGPA of 3.5+ or UGPA of 3.0+
3) GRE = 800 or a 33 raw score on the Miller Analogy Test
4) Applicant's background in the area of specialization
5) Recommendations from selected referencesProgram Requirements:
1) Unconditional admission to the program
2) 60 semester hours of coursework
3) Successful completion of an applied project
4) Successful completion of an oral examination and oral defense of applied project report