Morehead State University Nursing Programs are committed to excellent curricula that are responsive to the current healthcare environments respecting culturally diverse people within our communities, nation, and world. Nursing students acquire knowledge, skills, and educational competencies that will prepare them for practice as registered nurses. Each program of learning is tailored to provide the best of nursing care within the degree options. Individual faculty attention and guidance ensures you will receive the support necessary for excellent student learning outcomes. We are committed to your success.
Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
Baccalaureate Nursing Program Post-licensure (RN-BSN) Track
1. Hold an active and unrestricted license to practice as a RN in state where the practicum will take place.
2. A graduate of an Associate Degree Nursing or Diploma Nursing Program.
3. A graduate of Diploma Nursing Program must hold an active and unrestricted license to practice as a RN.
4. Have completed 45 hours of prescribed general education support courses required for the BSN degree.
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on all course work required for admission to the RN-BSN
component of the Baccalaureate Nursing Program.
6. Hold a minimum grade of “C” in each of the required general education, support and nursing courses.
7. Documentation of current American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider’s
8. Documentation of compliance with all immunization requirements.
9. Compliance with the Technical Performance Standards.
10. Documentation of current professional malpractice insurance.
11. Documentation of a criminal background check.
Special Notes for Enrollment:
1. NURB 326: Advanced Health Assessment and NURB 327: Transition to Professional Nursing Practice is open
to ANY RN that holds an active and unrestricted license. They may be taken PRIOR to official admission to
the BNP Post-licensure (RN-BSN Online Program) Component.
2. After satisfactory completion of NURB 326: Advanced Health Assessment, NURB 327: Transition to
Professional Nursing Practice, and unconditional/official admission to the RN-BSN Face-To-Face Program,
32 K credit hours (NUR 375) will be awarded for lower level nursing courses or pre-licensure RN program.
3. Progression to any NURB course required in the Semester Two and Semester Three of the RN-BSN Face-ToFace Program curriculum will be restricted to unconditional/official admitted students. 4. 4.Students who received credit for Anatomy and Physiology during their ADN program through KCTCS by taking ANA 104 will need to complete a credit for prior learning portfolio in order to receive credit for the BIOL 234 and BIOL 235 prerequisites
University Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree:
1. Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of prescribed and elective college credit, 42 semester hours of
which must be courses numbered 300 or above. Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all work
2. Complete an area of concentration of no fewer than 48 semester hours.
3. Complete at least 32 semester hours at Morehead State University, with the last 16 hours preceding graduation
earned from MSU. Correspondence courses do not satisfy this requirement. Fifty percent of the hours
required for the major or area of concentration must be credit earned at Morehead State University.
4. Bachelor of Science degree candidates must complete a minimum of 60 semester hours in science or sciencerelated fields.
5. Complete 36 semester hours of general education courses.