MSU students, faculty, and staff may request library items from CCL and other libraries for pick up or delivery. This is a free service.
How It Works
Placing the Request
Log into the Request It system (ILLiad), with your MSU ID and password. Once in the system, you may place requests for item pick-up or delivery. Options for pick-up or delivery are based on the status of the user:
- Students at the Morehead Campus may pick up requested items at the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Distance students may have items delivered to their homes or pick up items at the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Faculty and staff at the Morehead Campus may have items delivered to their offices or pick up items at the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Distance faculty and staff may have items delivered to their homes or places of work. They may also pick up items at the Library's Circulation Desk.
Getting the Items
The Library will contact patrons when their items have arrived and are ready for pick up or delivery. Most interlibrary loan articles arrive within 1-2 weeks, and books arrive in 2-3 weeks. Actual time will depend largely on the speed of the lending library. Some interlibrary loan requests may include additional fees. We'll contact you for your approval if there are additional fees.
Renewing the Items
To renew MSU items, simply log into your Library Account and renew the items online before they become overdue. If the items are past due, call the Circulation desk to renew the items at 606-783-5490.
To renew ILL items, call the Interlibrary Loan Department at 606-783-5107.
All users are responsible for returning items to the Library. Anyone may drop off library items at the Library's Access Services desk. Distance faculty, staff and students may return items to their local KCTCS Libraries, particularly Ashland CTC, Big Sandy CTC, and Maysville CTC. The Library does not pay for return shipping.
For visual instructions, check out the How-to Guide on requesting items.
If you need assistance with your requests, please contact the following library departments:
- Ask Request It Services form
- For interlibrary loans, contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at 606-783-5107.
- For off-campus delivery, contact Regional Campus Library Services at 606-783-2819 (Toll-free: 800-423-0884).
- For office delivery and item pick up, contact the Circulation desk at 606-783-5490.
For further details on these services, please review the policies for Interlibrary Loan, Off-Campus Delivery, and Campus Delivery, and the ILLiad FAQ.
NOTICE: Warning Concerning Copyright Restriction
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified by the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for or later uses a photocopy or reproductions for purposed in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copyright order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.