Fall 2016 Final Grade Instructions
Access Fall 2016 final grade instructions here
Please read the following information before posting your final grades:
- Fall 2016 final grades will be processed via Colleague WebAdvisor by the instructor of record for the class.
- The grade processor will be open for faculty grade input beginning at 10:00 a.m.., Tuesday, December 6, until 10:00 a.m.., Tuesday, December 13.
- Please post a final grade for every student including the students who never attended. Please assign a “U” grade for your students on your roster who have never attended class or stopped attending and have not officially withdrawn.
- You are required to enter a last date of attendance for ALL "E" grades. You are required to enter a last date of attendance or select Never Attended for all "U" grades. If you do not enter this information, none of your grades will post to the system.
- Questions concerning any phase of the online grade input procedure may be directed to your department chair, dean of your college, or the Office of the Registrar (3-2008).
Explanation of Undergraduate and graduate Grades
- A – Excellent (UG), Superior work (GR)
- B – Good (UG), Average (GR)
- C – Average (UG), Below average but counts as graduate credit (GR)
- D – Below average (UG), No credit allowed (GR)
Failing (E), Incomplete (I) and Unofficial Withdrawal (U)
- E – No semester hours earned, no quality points and no credit allowed. This grade is given to a student that attended more than 60% of the course and earned a failing grade.
- I – Work not completed by semester’s end, does not compute in the GPA for the current term and no semester hours or quality points are earned. This grade is given only when a student has completed all but a small amount of coursework due to illness or other significant extenuating circumstances (please refer to UAR 131.01). Incompletes must be made up midterm the following semester (summer term excluded) and instructors must file an Incomplete Grade Form in the College Dean's office. When entering a grade of "I" for the term, you must enter an expiration date. The expiration date for the Fall 2016 term is March 14, 2017.
- U – Computed as credits attempted, no quality points. Given to a student who stopped attending the course, did not complete the course and did not officially withdraw from the course. Given to a student that attended less than 60% of the course and did not officially withdraw from the course. If the student attended more than 60% of the course but did not earn a passing grade, the student has earned a failing grade of “E.”
Additional Undergraduate and graduate Grades Used in the Final Grading Process
- IP – In progress. This grade is to be assigned to any 670 (Directed Research), 699 (Thesis) or 676 (Directed Study) Course ONLY.
- K – Credit, Pass-fail courses. Semester hours earned, no quality points and not computed in the GPA. This grade is given when a student passes a pass-fail course.
- N – Failure, Pass-fail courses. No quality points, computed in the GPA and used in Undergraduate grading only. This grade is given when a student fails a pass-fail course.
- Note: The grades K and N are restricted to students who opt to take a course with a pass-fail option. The pass-fail option is restricted and applicable only to free elective courses or specific courses identified for a major or minor used for competency evaluation (i.e., those courses not required for the area, major, minor or general education requirements). Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for additional information.
- Y – Audit Credit. No hours attempted, not computed in the GPA and not applicable to a degree program.
- Please note: If you assign a grade of "E" for a student, you must enter a last date of attendance for the student. If you assign a grade of "U" for a student, you must enter a last date of attendance or select Never Attended. It is imperative we have this information for federal reporting purposes. Failure to enter this information will result in your grades not posting to the system.