Eta Sigma Gamma
Mission of ESG:
The mission of the honorary is promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education.
History of ESG:
Eta Sigma Gamma was officially founded on August 14, 1967, on the campus of Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Eta Sigma Gamma was the first national honorary developed for those individuals in the health education Discipline.
Goals of ESG:
The goals of the honorary include:
- Supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of health
education programs and resources
- Stimulating and disseminating scientific research;
- Motivating and providing health education services
- Recognizing academic achievement
- Supporting health education advocacy initiatives
- Promoting professional standards and ethics
- Promoting networking activities among health educators and related
Activities that Eta Sigma Gamma Hosts include:
- Breast Cancer Survivor Reception
- Mitten Tree
- Food Drives
- Annual Banquet and Initiations
- Monthly Meetings
Activities/Events that Eta Sigma Gamma participates in include:
- KAHPERD Conventions
- Relay for Life
- Great American Smoke Out
Who can join ESG?
Any student that is a Health/Physical Education Major/Minor or any student that is a Health Promotion Major/Minor. To join you must have completed at least two classes towards your major/minor. Your major GPA must be a 3.0 or higher with your overall GPA being a 2.5 or higher.
Anyone interested in joining please print and turn in a copy of your unofficial transcript to Ms. Ash.
Nathan Durrett: President
Colton Halverson: Vice-President
Cherish Isaac: Secretary
Brandy Beirise: Event Coordinator
Kayla Moore: Treasurer
Ms. Elizabeth Ash: Faculty Advisor
For more information please contact:
Nathan Durrett: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Elizabeth Ash: email@example.com
Eta Sigma Gamma's national web site ishttp://www.etasigmagamma.org