This program provides strong leadership training for candidates who choose to serve as classroom teachers and allows candidates to hone skills to serve as resource teachers, consultants, committee chairs, and instructional leaders. The program also prepares candidates to focus on skills needed to leverage both internal and external resources that influence student achievement.
Middle Grades; Gifted Education; Ed. Technology; Reading/Writing; English; School Community Leader; Interdisciplinary P-5 Specialization; Business & Marketing; Business & Marketing Technology; IECE; Special Ed.
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1) A baccalaureate degree
2) A standard or provisional teaching certificate or statement of eligibility
3) Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50
4) An approved professional growth plan signed by school supervisorProgram Requirements:
1) Satisfy general degree requirements
2) Successfully pass the exit exam
3) Apply for graduation at the appropriate time
4) Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
5) Candidates must successfully complete a capstone project in a venue approved by their advisor
6) Unconditionally admitted