Graduate Program Admission Requirements
- General admission to graduate study at Morehead State University. Admission to graduate study is granted to students who meet the academic requirements and who hold a baccalaureate degree from Morehead State University or some other accredited institution of higher education, and to certain qualified Morehead State University seniors. A minimum grade point average (g.p.a.) of 2.5 on all undergraduate work is required;
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in music or its equivalent;
- A minimum g.p.a. of 3.0 on all undergraduate music courses above the freshman level;
- Completion of the entrance examinations in music history/literature and music theory;
- An audition by the appropriate music faculty is required for the "Concentration on Performance" before a student can be admitted "unconditionally" to this program (Note: For those students that earn their Bachelor degree from MSU, the senior recital can serve as the audition if was approved by a faculty committee and it occurred within 12 months of the first semester of graduate study); and
- For the student pursuing the "Concentration in Music Education", their Bachelor degree must be in music education.