MAJOR IN YOU: Launching the Brand
With the roll out of the brand and the web launch, current Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) resources must be fully dedicated to and focused on the highest priorities of the institution. In order to produce the quality of materials we can, should and are able to provide, we must be able to better prioritize the most critical needs of the institution with a more structured and systematic approach. To do so, OCM will be temporarily suspending new project requests that are not specifically recruitment related or mission critical.
1. Through the support of the president and President’s Cabinet, OCM will temporarily suspend all OCM Project Requests that are not recruitment related or mission critical as of Oct. 4, 2016, until a time to be determined later in the fall semester. This does not include media/press releases or social media support.
2. Requested projects outside this scope will require presidential/vice presidential approval, to be submitted to the assistant to the president/chief marketing & public relations officer (Jami Hornbuckle, firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. The approach will follow the web phases of roll out:
- Institutional level and recruitment specific (Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, etc.)
- Colleges and academic departments
- All other units
4. OCM will provide templates for flyers and posters that can be used for campus events.
The Office of Communications & Marketing will evaluate each project request for connection to the MSU Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan and institutional priorities. OCM staff will respond to your request as soon as possible. Most projects require 4 WEEKS for design and production, so please plan ahead and submit your materials as early as possible.
Project Request Form (print, web, video, news, photos, etc.)
If you have questions about your project, please email email@example.com or call 783-5498.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After you submit a project request, a representative from the Office of Communications (OCM) will contact you for more details.
Depending on the size and scope of your request, you may be asked to meet with an OCM team for a creative briefing. At that meeting, we will discuss your audience, goals and objectives, how your event or project aligns with MSU strategic plan, potential competitors and more!
After this discovery phase is complete, we will work with you to assemble the text, images and design needed to complete your project.
When your design is ready to review, you will receive an email from ProofHQ, our proof management system. Click on "Go to proof" and add comments or mark as approved for printing. Your project cannot move forward until you have completed this step.
If, at anytime during the process, you have questions or need assistance, please contact our customer relations manager at 783-9328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your "new proof" email will look similar to this: