The English as a Second Language - Intensive English program at Morehead State University is designed to provide the highest quality of academic instruction and support international students in their preparation for the pursuit of academic degrees in the United States and other English-speaking countries. For more information, visit International Student Admission.
No TOEFL and IELTS scores are required to apply for the ESL program at Morehead State University.
The Intensive English Program at Morehead State University is open to:
- Full-time and part-time international students.
- Undergraduate and graduate international students.
- F1 and J1 visa holders may take 20 hours (4 classes) of face-to-face ESL instruction per week.
- F2 visa holders can take up to 10 hours (2 classes) of ESL instruction per week.
- Create an Account
- Log in your account and fill in the undergraduate application
- On-campus housing options, or private accommodation in Morehead, Kentucky.
- Airport pick-up - contact Denice Copher (Secretary, ISS)
- Incoming students are required to take an in-house placement test prior to the beginning of the semester.
To exit the English as a Second Language program, international students may take the in-house TOEFL ITP at Morehead State University and earn the following scores:
- Undergraduate students need to earn 61 on TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test)/500 on the TOEFL ITP (Institutional, Paper-based Test), or 5.0 on the IELTS.
- Graduate students need to earn 61 on the TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test)/500 on the TOEFL ITP (Institutional, Paper-based Test), or 5.5 on the IELTS. A score of 70 or 525 TOEFL iBT is needed to enter the MBA, MA in Comm., MS in Biology.