During this filing season, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) will be available at no charge to Morehead State University students, eligible employees and members of the community.
Through the University’s School of Business, Department of Accounting, in conjunction with the Internal Revenue Service, the tax return assistance will be offered on Tuesdays from 3-6 p.m. (beginning Feb. 4) in room 311 of the Combs Building on campus. The office will not be open March 18. It is free to students, and also to employees and members of the Morehead community with an annual household income of $52,000 or less.
No appointment is necessary. Taxpayers will be assisted on a first come, first-served basis, and no information will be accepted for return preparation after 5:30 p.m.
It will be necessary for taxpayers to bring with them documentation for any and all that apply:
Proof of identification (photo ID) for yourself (and spouse if married) and Social Security cards for each individual who will be listed on the return. Service cannot be provided if you do not have these documents.
Also, you will need the following:
• A copy of last year's return( helpful, but not required);
• Statements of other income;
• Information for deductions and credits;
• Proof of account for direct deposit of refund, if desired, voided check;
• Proof of tuition paid (regardless of source of funds used) during 2013 for yourself, spouse, and/or dependents;
• Cost of books for 2013;
• Amount of scholarships and/or grants awarded in 2013;
• For proof of tuition and scholarships/grants, you should bring a copy of your account for the calendar year of 2013. This can be printed from MSU account web page;
International students also may use the service. Students will receive an email with details of the specific date on which they may have their returns prepared.
Additional information is available from Sharon Walters, associate professor of accounting, by calling 606-783-2725, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
HI: 69° LO: 57°
© Copyright 2012 Morehead State University -
150 University Blvd. Morehead, KY 40351 • 1.800.585.6781
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, educational institution.